Success starts with having the right people. At Barrage, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who love IT and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment to join our team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for a Frontend Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment, ensuring a great user experience.
- Using markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintaining and improving website
- Optimising applications for maximum speed
- Proficient understanding of HTML5.
- Excellent knowledge of CSS (including CSS3) and CSS preprocessors such as SASS/SCSS or PostCSS.
- Basic knowledge of BEM/OOCSS/ATOMIC or similar concepts.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics, responsive design principles, and CSS specificity.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates.
- Understanding of code versioning tools. (Git)
- Having experience with Sketch and/or Adobe editing suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You understand the importance of continuous integration and deployment;
- Proactive team player who is not afraid to take the initiative to improve things
Nice to have (optional)
- Knowledge about Vue.js/Nuxt.js
- BA/MA in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of German language
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Working with highly skilled people
- A relaxed and fun team
- An international atmosphere
- Top-notch equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional remote work from home
- Educational programmes
- Conference attendance
- Free coffee
- Office with the best view in Osijek
Thanks for all the applications. Barrage is an equal employment opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. All applications will be processed and stored in accordance with the protection of personal data and confidentiality. Only the candidates closest to the most responding requirements will be contacted.